Monday, October 3, 2011

The Parsonage House

Another of Carleton Place's beautiful old homes is slowly dying. This pretty yellow frame house is on the north end of Bridge Street. It's been empty for many years, caught up in a war over Heritage Designation. It was originally the parsonage house for the Methodist Church across the street.


Peeking down the side of the house, you can see what were probably the original shutters...


The trim is so pretty, but every time I drive by, another chunk is gone...


The railing on the upper porch is almost entirely gone now.


Quite a bit of the original fence is still there though...


And the old coach house...


And above the front door the beautiful stained glass transom, proudly declaring it's title!

3 comments:

Isabella said...

What a shame it's not being preserved, it could be a very remarkable home if something was done to save it.
The home across from ours is currently undergoing some "heritage renos" - I can't wait to see the final outcome.

Rebecca said...

I love this one...again wish I had some money to buy a gorgeous old house that needs some love!

Phil said...

Hello Jenny,

I am hoping to find out some more information about this house. I am unable to email you through your blog so I was wondering if you could email me?
I am a heritage carpentry student in Perth and also have an interest in the state of this building.
philmachon@hotmail.com.
Thanks in advance,
Phil

Followers